Glaramara, named after the mountain it overlooks, is an independently owned hotel at the southern end of the Borrowdale Valley close to Lake Derwentwater and Keswick. It is an ideal base for a walking/hiking holiday with easy (car-free) access to some of the best routes and well-known mountains in the Lake District, including Scafell Pike. It is well placed on the Coast to Coast Walk. Alternatively, relax and enjoy the views, in comfort, from our sun terrace.
• Double/twin and single rooms (all en-suite). Many recently refurbished as part of an ongoing upgrade.
• A spacious lounge and bar each with log fires
• A restaurant.
• A purpose built function-room
• 360 degree views of the Lake District fells
• Wi-fi fibre broadband.
• Dogs are welcome. Allocated bedrooms available.
• Three course evening meals for all tastes and dietary requirements. Locally sourced food and drink.
• Buffet style breakfast
• Great location for business events, family celebrations and other social occasions.
• Hot and cold drinks, bar snacks, soups and light meals available whether you are staying with us or not.
• Locally produced beers, gins and other alcoholic drinks available at our bar. Please call in if you are in the area.
• Ideal location for exploring the northern and western lakes
• Guided walks and other outdoor activities can be arranged
• Accessible via public transport
Tip: For our best rates and special offers please book directly from our website.
Follow us on social media:
|Season (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
From M6, via A66 (junction 40) or A591 (junction 36) to Keswick and then via Borrowdale Valley (B5289)
Penrith Railway Station. Also, Oxenholme and Carlisle Railway Stations (further distance). X5 bus. Penrith to Keswick. 78 bus. Keswick to Seatoller.
The slate mine tours at Honister Slate Mine offer an exciting experience suitable for all…
Stunning Lake District valley with inspirational mountain and lake scenery.
Great Gable is a mountain of perfect proportions so much so that it was chosen as the…
Just past the famous Ashness Bridge, clamber up the hill to the right from the road to…
Newlands church, set in the midst of the lovely Newlands Valley, is a haven of peace and…
Derwent Water is a local beauty spot that is frequented by walkers who hike around the…
Receive all the latest news, special offers and information from the Lake District, Cumbria
Cumbria Tourism, Windermere Road, Staveley, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 9PL
© Cumbria Tourism