Set in the heart of Sedbergh in a beautifully maintained churchyard the church, which dates from 1130, is a haven of peace.
Inside it has a warm welcome in a surprisingly light and airy space. It is home to the Sedbergh embroideries which depict the history of the Town.
The inner north doorway is probably the earliest surviving part of the church and this suggests that there has always been a north aisle. In the late 1800s a major restoration was carried out under the architects Paley and Austin. Further restoration work was undertaken in the period 1995-2005 and the chancel extended in 2010 to create a performance area and a space for a forward altar.
Spectacular stained glass
Level access to the main areas
On street parking at church
Parking within 250m
Accessible toilets nearby
Walkers & cyclists welcome
Space to secure your bike
* Open every day 8am to 5pm.
Farfield Mill is a Victorian woollen mill in the Yorkshire Dales. Home to artists’…
Brigflatts, near Sedbergh, Cumbria, is one of the most famous Quaker meeting houses,…
Cautley chapel was built in the early 1860s by the Upton family, when the London and…
Striking in its symmetry with its central round headed doorway between by matching round…
The Lake once supplied water to the Lancaster and Kendal Canal; The 37 acre lake is…
Situated in the beautiful valley of Dentdale, Cumbria yet within the boundary of the…
Receive all the latest news, special offers and information from the Lake District, Cumbria
Cumbria Tourism, Windermere Road, Staveley, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 9PL
© Cumbria Tourism