The Quiet Site began welcoming guests in 1963 and many of our original customers have journeyed with us from the old basic camping field to the state-of-the-art, sustainable glamping park we are now. The gorgeous views and fabulous hospitality we offer are still the same, but the facilities and our green credentials are now world class. Sympathetic development has enabled us to retain the traditional ambiance of a Cumbrian farm while offering sustainable technologies and modern glamping accommodation. Customer service is central to all we do here.
In a nutshell, we offer quality glamping, camping and touring holidays that don’t cost the earth!
• Wide range of glamping options, designed and built by us to be sustainable, affordable and fun
• Minutes from numerous world class attractions like Aira Force, Lowther Castle and Helvellyn
• Accessible options in our accommodations and facilities.
• Modern and new individual shower facilities opened in May 2023
• One of the best (and oldest) bars in Britain dating from 1680 serving local brews
• Delicious off-grid, zero-waste, wood fired Pizzas + Crepe takeaway.
• The Quiet Site open 365 days/year, The Quiet Bar open 365 days/year, The Quiet Bite open 364 days/year
• >80% of our energy is sustainable generated on site using GSHP, Biomass, Solar Thermal and Solar PV
• Fabulous location amongst the fells overlooking Ullswater
• All-weather serviced pitches for Tourers, Motorhomes and Tents
• Free and Fast WiFi in accommodations and across the park
• Zero Waste Shop – local, ethical and no single use plastic
• Located directly on the famous Ullswater Way – the 20 mile route around Ullswater
•One of the friendliest and most helpful team of holiday park professionals in the business
• 80% of our customers have been recommended to us or have stayed before
We are easily accessible from the M6, jct 40 and the charming market town of Penrith, both of which are only 7 miles away.
It's not surprising that 80% of our visitors have stayed with us before.
Visit England’s winner of Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park of the Year 2023.
• ‘Practical Caravan’ Best Site in UK for Eco-Friendiness 2023
• Cumbrian TOP 100 Business 2023
• Top 100 Park 2023
• Best UK Glamping Site for Walkers – The INDEPENDENT 2023
Follow us on social media:
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|VW and Rent Pitches|
*Glamping Cabins from £90. Gingerbread Houses from £80. Glamping Burrows from £60. Camping Pods from £45. Pitches from £30.
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
A beautiful Norman church on site of 7th century monastery in peaceful Lakeland location…
The stream which flows over Aira Force is Aira Beck, which rises on the upper slopes of…
The 'Old Church' of St Martin was built in the 1660's on the site of a probable earlier…
Wide range of activities including Horse Riding, Quad Biking, Go-Karting, Archery, Clay…
Home to the Hasell family since 1679, visitors to Dalemain will discover a fascinating…
This area is rich in prehistoric remains including a standing stone, stone circle and…
Receive all the latest news, special offers and information from the Lake District, Cumbria
Cumbria Tourism, Windermere Road, Staveley, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 9PL
© Cumbria Tourism